According to the Act on Yleisradio Oy, the Board of Directors consists of at least five and at the most eight members who shall not be members of the Administrative Council or the company’s senior management.
The Board of Directors shall represent sufficient expertise and both Finnish and Swedish-speaking language groups.
Tasks of The Board of Directors
- Elects and dismisses the company’s Director General and to confirms his or her salary and other terms concerning the office
- Elects other members of the company’s senior management and confirm their salaries and other terms concerning their office
- Decides the budget for the following year
- Summons the Ordinary General Meeting and prepares the items of the agenda
- Submits an annual report of the company’s operations to the Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority.