The Sixth International Paulo Cello Competition will be held in October 15th - 25th 2018 in Finland.
The Finnish Broadcasting Company Yleisradio (Yle) will stream all performances. Follow the live streams and catch up all recordings at Yle competition site yle.fi/paulo.
All times are in Helsinki, Finland time, UTC/GMT +3 hours.
First Round, October 15-17, The Helsinki Conservatory of Music.
All 26 competitors will perform a recital programme of competitor's own choise, totalling not more than 50 minutes. Read order of play here.
- Live streams start each day at 9:00 and 17:00.
- Analysis and round-up audio broadcast on Yle Radio 1 and audio stream at 22:05.
Second Round October 19-20, Sibelius Hall, Lahti.
A maximum of 9 competitors will qualify for the Second Round. Competitors will play one of pre-selected works with Lahti Symphony Orchestra.
- Live streams start each day at 18:00.
- Delayed radio broadcast and audio streams at 19:02.
First Final, October 22-23, Espoo Cultural Center.
Maximum of 6 competitors will qualify for the Finals and will perform in 1st Final a Cello Concerto by Boccherini or Haydn, both as a soloist and conducting an orchestra (Tapiola Sinfonietta).
- Live streams and radio broadcasts start each day at 18:00.
Second Final, October 24-25, Helsinki Music Centre.
One of pre-selected works will be performed with Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Live streams and radio broadcasts start each day at 19:02.
The order of performances in the First Round will be determined by lot on Sunday Oct. 14th at the The Helsinki Conservatory of Music.
The Jury will consist of nine experts and President of the Jury is Arto Noras from Finland.