According to the Act on Yleisradio Oy, the Board of Directors consists of at least five and at the most eight members who shall not be members of the Administrative Council or the company’s senior management.
The Board of Directors shall represent sufficient expertise and both Finnish and Swedish-speaking language groups.
Tasks of The Board of Directors
- Elects and dismisses the company’s Director General and to confirms his or her salary and other terms concerning the office
- Elects other members of the company’s senior management and confirm their salaries and other terms concerning their office
- Decides the budget for the following year
- Summons the Ordinary General Meeting and prepares the items of the agenda
- Submits an annual report of the company’s operations to the Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority.
Members of the Board of Directors
Thomas Wilhelmsson, Doctor of Law, (Chairman of the Board)
Katri Viippola, Senior Vice President, HR, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, Varma
Paulina Ahokas, CEO, Tampere Hall Ltd
Short bio (pdf)
Kai Huotari, CEO, Kiinteistö Oy Kaapelitalo
Short bio (pdf), CV (pdf)
Jussi Karinen, Managing Director, Jukab Oy
Lauri Kontro, Senior adviser
Pauliina Mäkelä, CEO, Kinda Oy
Arto Nieminen, Yle's Staff Representative