The Annual General Meeting must be held by the end of May. The meeting covers the matters assigned to the Annual General Meeting in the articles of association as well as any other topics stated separately in the meeting invitation.
The meeting agenda includes the following items:
- presenting the financial statements and the auditors’ report and the Administrative Council’s opinion thereof;
- making a decision concerning the adoption of the income statement and balance sheet;
- making a decision concerning the measures warranted on the basis of the profit or loss in the adopted balance sheet;
- making a decision concerning releasing the members of the Administrative Council and Board of Directors and the CEO from liability;
- determining the remuneration of the chairman, deputy chairman and members of the Administrative Council and the auditors;
- selecting the auditors and their deputy auditors for the next financial period.
Yle’s Annual General Meeting was held on 8 May 2018.
The Annual General Meeting approved the proposals by Yleisradio’s Board of Directors concerning amending section 2 of the articles of association and section 6 of the articles of association on the duties of the Administrative Council to correspond to the amendments to the Act on Yleisradio Oy (28 June 2017/436) that took effect on 15 July 2017 and amending the update of section 12 of the articles of association on auditors to correspond to the current Act.