Yle's Administrative Council has 21 members. They include representatives from the fields of science, art, education, business and economics, as well as representatives of different social and language groups.
Tasks of The Administrative Council
- Elects and dismisses the company’s Board of Directors and its Chairman and determines the compensation for Board Members
- Decides on issues concerning considerable restriction or expansion of the activities or significant changes in the organization of the company
- Oversees and supervises that tasks involving public service programme activities are carried out
- Submits a report every second year on the implementation of the public service in the past two years to Parliament after having heard the Sami Parliament
- Decides on the economical and operational guidelines
- Reviews and approves the annual report of the Board of Directors
- Supervises the administration of the company and issue a statement on the financial statement and the auditors’ report to the Ordinary General Meeting of the shareholders.
Members of The Administrative Council
Kimmo Kivelä, Chairman
Arto Satonen, Vice Chairman