The Annual General Meeting must be held by the end of May. The meeting covers the matters assigned to the Annual General Meeting in the articles of association as well as any other topics stated separately in the meeting invitation.
The meeting agenda includes the following items:
- presenting the financial statements and the auditors’ report and the Administrative Council’s opinion thereof;
- making a decision concerning the adoption of the income statement and balance sheet;
- making a decision concerning the measures warranted on the basis of the profit or loss in the adopted balance sheet;
- making a decision concerning releasing the members of the Administrative Council and Board of Directors and the CEO from liability;
- determining the remuneration of the chairman, deputy chairman and members of the Administrative Council and the auditors;
- selecting the auditors and their deputy auditors for the next financial period.
Yle’s Annual General Meeting was held on 19 May 2020
The Annual General Meeting adopted the financial statements for 2019 and discharged the members of the Board of Directors and the CEO from liability.
The Annual General Meeting selected as the ordinary auditors APA Virpi Halonen and KPMG Oy Ab authorised public accountants, which appointed APA Petri Sammalisto as the principal auditor.